Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Netflixable? Another thriller titled "Awake," another snooze
- Movie Review: Mark Wahlberg's fighting and recalling past lives in "Infinite"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 14, 2017
The best cast Guillermo del Toro’s ever worked with headlines his government secrets/monster movie period piece “The Shape of Water,” due out this Dec. Sally Hawkins and Octavia Spencer, Michael Shannon and Richard Jenkins — that’s a lineup any Academy … Continue reading
Gather round, children, and let the Old Man of the Movies tell you the way it used to be in the simmering cinematic summers of the Old South. Movie theaters were the first public spaces, nationwide, to invest in air … Continue reading
Sometimes, an indie film’s pedigree is far more interesting than the movie itself, and so it is with “Alina,” an inconsequential Russian immigrant lured into “personal escort” work by the support system she leans on upon arriving in New York. … Continue reading