Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 14, 2017
The best cast Guillermo del Toro’s ever worked with headlines his government secrets/monster movie period piece “The Shape of Water,” due out this Dec. Sally Hawkins and Octavia Spencer, Michael Shannon and Richard Jenkins — that’s a lineup any Academy … Continue reading
Gather round, children, and let the Old Man of the Movies tell you the way it used to be in the simmering cinematic summers of the Old South. Movie theaters were the first public spaces, nationwide, to invest in air … Continue reading
Sometimes, an indie film’s pedigree is far more interesting than the movie itself, and so it is with “Alina,” an inconsequential Russian immigrant lured into “personal escort” work by the support system she leans on upon arriving in New York. … Continue reading