Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 2, 2017
It was never going to be a banner weekend at the box office. Topping off a slack summer with a weekend that had no sleeper possibilities, no major wide releases and no potential Oscar contenders (sometimes one sneaks out on … Continue reading
Let the TV reviewers soil themselves about “the New Golden Age of TV,” but I’m far from sold. Long form TV has been on a roll, they say, since “The Sopranos.” I say, “Yeah? Another ‘Goodfellas’ — doled out in … Continue reading