Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A clever Canadian whodunit with a burnout who used to be "The Kid Detective"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 10, 2017
Hurricanes Harvey and Irma didn’t dampen turnout for Stephen King’s “It,” which almost doubled pre-release projections to open with almost $117 million on its opening weekend. No stars, a second adaptation of a book turned into a TV mini series … Continue reading
For a movie critic, stumbling across a “new to Netflix” release you haven’t seen or even heard of is an “Uh oh” moment — for the film’s stars. “We’re No Animals,” the last and least title conjured up for an … Continue reading
I had the same doubts about Jason Zinoman’s “The Last Giant of Late Night” Letterman biography that I had about his New York Timesman predecessor Bill Carter’s “The Late Shift.” That is that the book starts out with the same … Continue reading