Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 28, 2017
This was a pretty notorious kidnapping case when it happened back in 1973. A Getty grandson nabbed, the kid’s mother is “not a real Getty” and the Patriarch (Kevin Spacey) isn’t likely to pay ransom. Ridley Scott directed, with Michelle … Continue reading
Adam Sandler drags Dustin, Ben Stiller and Emma Thompson to Netflix with him for “The Meyerwitz Stories”
Ok, that’s a mean headline, and this IS a Noah Baumbach film. And with that cast, it could be funny. Netflix aims considerably higher in its “Let’s Be in the Adam Sandler Business” strategy with “The Meyerwitz Stories.” Not really … Continue reading
Granted, Owen Wilson’s been in the rear view mirror for a decade, and Ed Helms’ window to stardom was a pretty narrow one. But Glenn Close as a randy mom from “the ’70s, man,” and Christopher Walken, Ving Rhames, J.K. … Continue reading
In America, we chart the sea changes in our culture through sport. Seminal figures from Jackie to Fernando, Babe to Althea, signal to us that our world is different or, in some cases, make it different all on their own. … Continue reading