Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 15, 2017
“American Assassin” is a Big Action Beats formula thriller that overstays its welcome and never quite gels around its hunky young star, allowing Michael Keaton to steal the movie out from under him. Just like “Spider-Man,” in other words. … Continue reading
Oh, the things Darren Aronofsky does to his latest leading-lady turned muse, Jennifer Lawrence. In “Mother!”, he keeps the camera in Lawrence’s face, on her shoulder and looking down her shirt as she is insulted, grabbed, pummeled and worse. It’s … Continue reading