Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 31, 2015
The Commandant is carefully tutoring his boy soldier, Agu. He teaches him discipline. He inflames the child’s rage at the government troops who summarily executed his father and gunned down his fleeing brother. Final test? Draw blood. “Agu,” the silky-sinister … Continue reading
Kind of a dismal fall at the box office, for those bothering to take notice. Since most people aren’t going to the movies, that “take notice” seems to be a rare quality, relatively speaking. “Burnt” is a star vehicle for … Continue reading