Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 29, 2015
“Woodlawn” is a formulaic football film with some meat on it. It’s a faith-based “Remember the Titans” built on solid performances, the occasional feel-good (inspirational) moment and a script that lacks focus, if not ambition. Woodlawn was a newly-integrated high … Continue reading
“The Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse” takes the Living Dead/Walking Dead/Brain-eating Dead as seriously as this worn-out genre deserves. Which is to say, not very seriously at all. You poor stay-at-home shut-ins parsing every scene in that AMC soap … Continue reading
The most shocking thing about “Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension,” is that four hacks fought to have their names listed in the credits under “screenplay.” Seriously. It’s the same house, or location. It’s the same set-up — family spooked/stalked by … Continue reading