Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- RIP Ennio Morricone, master of the Spaghetti Western score
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 5, 2015
Stanley Milgram explored why so many underlings and ordinary citizens of the Nazi regime might have willingly, or reluctantly, “just followed orders” in carrying out the Holocaust. His “Obedience Experiment” became one of the most influential psychological trials in history. … Continue reading
On Tokyo’s “Streets of Fire,” competing gangs brawl, sword-fight and shoot it out as they narrate their own stories and proclaim their own fame, through rap. “Tokyo Tribe” is a hip hop “West Side Story,” set in a “Blade Runner” … Continue reading
Closing in on his 72nd birthday, with decades of Rolling Stones documentaries and interviews behind him, Keith Richards can be excused for repeating himself. Just like your dad, or granddad, he’ll trot out the old stories with a little prodding. … Continue reading