Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 1, 2015
This may be the best opening weekend for movies in 2015…thus far. Winners are everywhere, must-see pictures litter the cineplex. Heavens. “The Martian” is Ridley Scott’s best-reviewed film in this millennium, his best sci-fi film since “Blade Runner.” And it’s … Continue reading
“Sicario” is a conventionally unconventional drug wars thriller, a well-cast, breathlessly executed peek into the heart of a Trumpian nightmare of Mexican cartels which kill at will on either side of an embattled border. This Denis Villeneuve (“Incendies,””Enemy”) film has … Continue reading