Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 1, 2015
This may be the best opening weekend for movies in 2015…thus far. Winners are everywhere, must-see pictures litter the cineplex. Heavens. “The Martian” is Ridley Scott’s best-reviewed film in this millennium, his best sci-fi film since “Blade Runner.” And it’s … Continue reading
“Sicario” is a conventionally unconventional drug wars thriller, a well-cast, breathlessly executed peek into the heart of a Trumpian nightmare of Mexican cartels which kill at will on either side of an embattled border. This Denis Villeneuve (“Incendies,””Enemy”) film has … Continue reading