Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 16, 2014
At the end of our chat about “A Most Wanted Man,” in which he has a wonderfully conflicted, out-of-his-depth banker role, I asked Willem Dafoe about the film he just finished, “Pasolini” with Abel “King of New York” Ferrara. Here’s … Continue reading
“Planes: Fire & Rescue” is roughly twice as good as its predecessor, “Planes,” which was so story-and-laugh starved it would have given “direct-to-video” a bad name. Yes, there was nowhere to go but up.The sequel’s story is about something — … Continue reading
I was finishing up an interview with “Control” and “The American” and “A Most Wanted Man” director Anton Corbijn, and we’d switched to just chatting about his current project, “Life,” a movie about a photographer for Life Magazine (Robert Pattinson) … Continue reading
Zach Braff’s “Wish I Was Here” is a sweet and jokey feature film that is so at home in the punchline rhythms of TV sitcoms that you may think to yourself, “When’s his best friend/former “Scrubs” co-star Donald Faison showing … Continue reading
Ian is a man of science. But he is still a man. And when a model-thin hottie with a strange accent comes on to him in a party, the nerdy guy whose “Can I take a picture of your eyes?” … Continue reading
The eccentric whimsy and invention overfill the screen of Michel Gondry’s “Mood Indigo,” an adaptation of a novel by the Frenchman who wrote “I Spit on Your Graves.” Set in an alternate “Brazil”/”Delicatessen”/”Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” reality, it’s … Continue reading