Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 27, 2014
Yeah, it looks slick and cool and all that. Tom Hardy’s bigger and tougher looking than Mel Gibson. But seriously, is there anything here that wasn’t in the original version of the movie, aired on TV ad nauseum these past … Continue reading
Saturday made it close to official. Luc Besson’s Scarlett Johansson sci-fi action pic “Lucy” will hit $44 million on its opening weekend, officially making a bankable star out of Scar-Jo, Avenger, hip indie film queen, now bodacious babe of the … Continue reading
“Sue” was and is the most complete T-Rex skeleton in existence, a paleontological find of such importance and with such far-ranging consequences that she changed science and American legal precedent, and not just the lives of those who stumbled across … Continue reading
“Code Black” opens in chaos, settles into systemic calm and ends with young doctors struggling against “the failure of the system” to get back some of that chaos. But this isn’t this year’s new variation on TV’s “young doctors, … Continue reading