Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 13, 2014
“Happy Christmas” is a petite, lived-in character comedy of the Mumblecore school — just a group of chatty twentysomethings, drinking, growing beards and having the occasional bathroom hook-up as they think about growing up.It’s the latest from writer-director-co/star Joe Swanberg … Continue reading
“Transformers” fell off 55% in its second weekend, not a bad “hold” as they say. So it cleared the $200 million mark this weekend. It may catch “Maleficent (over $221 and counting) by next weekend. “Dawn of the Planet … Continue reading
“A Wolf at the Door” arrives in American cinemas, a hot and surprising Brazilian thriller delivered here hot on the heels of the Brazilian World Cup.It’s a kidnapping mystery in which a police inspector tries to figure out who might … Continue reading