Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 7, 2014
Shirley Knight, whose first screen appearance was in 1955’s “Picnic” and who collected her first Oscar nomination for 1961’s “The Dark at the Top of the Stairs,” gets the spotlight one more time in “Redwood Highway,” playing a woman who … Continue reading
To hear the co-stars tell it, the decision to make the indie dramedy “Land Ho!” was all “Location, location location.” “There wasn’t any script,” Earl Lynn Nelson (“Passenger Pigeons”) says. “Martha (co-writer/director Martha Stephens) called me up and said, ‘Would … Continue reading