Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 7, 2014
Shirley Knight, whose first screen appearance was in 1955’s “Picnic” and who collected her first Oscar nomination for 1961’s “The Dark at the Top of the Stairs,” gets the spotlight one more time in “Redwood Highway,” playing a woman who … Continue reading
To hear the co-stars tell it, the decision to make the indie dramedy “Land Ho!” was all “Location, location location.” “There wasn’t any script,” Earl Lynn Nelson (“Passenger Pigeons”) says. “Martha (co-writer/director Martha Stephens) called me up and said, ‘Would … Continue reading