Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: The life of a refugee and work of art, a Tunisian satire-- "The Man Who Sold His Skin"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 4, 2016
So this holiday film season will get a nice goosing from “Doctor Strange,” Marvel’s origin story for another character in the Marvel universe, a spare-no-expense dazzler of the eye candy genre. A desultory fall film season desperately needs this to … Continue reading
“Doctor Strange” is Marvel’s “Avatar,” the “Inception” of comic book adaptations. The effects are that dazzling, the images so trippy, eye-popping and ground-breaking that one is tempted to scrap the normal “credits” for a recitation of the unsung architects of … Continue reading