Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 4, 2016
So this holiday film season will get a nice goosing from “Doctor Strange,” Marvel’s origin story for another character in the Marvel universe, a spare-no-expense dazzler of the eye candy genre. A desultory fall film season desperately needs this to … Continue reading
“Doctor Strange” is Marvel’s “Avatar,” the “Inception” of comic book adaptations. The effects are that dazzling, the images so trippy, eye-popping and ground-breaking that one is tempted to scrap the normal “credits” for a recitation of the unsung architects of … Continue reading