Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
- Marvin Lee Aday, aka Meat Loaf: 1947-2022, Rest in Power Chords, Big Guy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2016
Warren Beatty isn’t very interested in Howard Hughes, the man. He announces as much with an opening credit for his Hughes comedy, “Rules Don’t Apply.” “Never check an interesting fact,” he quotes Hughes as saying. Did he actually say that? … Continue reading
If the future of cinema is Chinese, as the single party state emerges as the world’s top box office market, then perhaps the time is right for more Chinese hits — films built for domestic consumption — to enjoy international … Continue reading