Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Hawke and Almereyda take "Tesla" out for a spin
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 11, 2016
Warren Beatty isn’t very interested in Howard Hughes, the man. He announces as much with an opening credit for his Hughes comedy, “Rules Don’t Apply.” “Never check an interesting fact,” he quotes Hughes as saying. Did he actually say that? … Continue reading
If the future of cinema is Chinese, as the single party state emerges as the world’s top box office market, then perhaps the time is right for more Chinese hits — films built for domestic consumption — to enjoy international … Continue reading