Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Miller shines, sprints and explains as "The Flash"
- Movie Review: Failure is "Elemental" in this Pixar Pic
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Movie Review -- "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 1, 2016
Movie Review — “The Handmaiden”serves up femme fatales and Korean kink in a darker than dark comedy
“Sex,” the infamously twisted Woody Allen once joked, “is the most fun you can have without laughing.” But he said that decades before the Korean film of Sarah Waters‘ “The Handmaiden.” It’s an erotic thriller of schemes, double-crosses, pornography and … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review — “The Handmaiden”serves up femme fatales and Korean kink in a darker than dark comedy