Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 16, 2016
Bad movies aren’t bad by intent. The team making “Shut In” had the Oscar-nominated star of “The Ring,” Naomi Watts, a big, creepy violent kids, a remote, old and creaky house isolated by a winter storm and menace from spooky … Continue reading
The wonders never cease in J.K. Rowling’s “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” Or maybe it just feels that way. Two hours and thirteen minutes of Rowling’s endless introductions of new critters, new magic tricks and new wizarding world … Continue reading