Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Hawke and Almereyda take "Tesla" out for a spin
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2016
A quick post-mortem, then, on “Keeping Up With the Joneses,” a caper comedy that neither capers nor gives birth to many laughs. It has Zach Galifianakis, who broke out in “The Hangover” movies and is finding great humor on TV … Continue reading
With its garish colors, bubbly production numbers and kid-friendly fart and poop jokes, there are plenty of reminders that “Trolls” really isn’t for you or me while you’re watching it. Even if their favorite hobby is scrapbooking. OK, especially since … Continue reading
Mel Gibson seeks cinematic redemption for his non-cinematic sins by going to his safe space with “Hacksaw Ridge,” a violent and visceral combat movie that doubles as a faith-based film. His name isn’t on the advertising, but “Hacksaw,” the story … Continue reading