Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: A gay couple is haunted or Harassed in "Spiral"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2016
A quick post-mortem, then, on “Keeping Up With the Joneses,” a caper comedy that neither capers nor gives birth to many laughs. It has Zach Galifianakis, who broke out in “The Hangover” movies and is finding great humor on TV … Continue reading
With its garish colors, bubbly production numbers and kid-friendly fart and poop jokes, there are plenty of reminders that “Trolls” really isn’t for you or me while you’re watching it. Even if their favorite hobby is scrapbooking. OK, especially since … Continue reading
Mel Gibson seeks cinematic redemption for his non-cinematic sins by going to his safe space with “Hacksaw Ridge,” a violent and visceral combat movie that doubles as a faith-based film. His name isn’t on the advertising, but “Hacksaw,” the story … Continue reading