Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 30, 2016
Movie Review: Horror crosses cultures in “The Eyes of My Mother”
Whatever the artistic pretense, some horror movies leave you grateful that the filmmaker mercifully chose to shoot it in black and white. With “The Eyes of My Mother,” that means we’re left with the hope that whatever’s in that glass, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Horror crosses cultures in “The Eyes of My Mother”
Movie Review: “Manchester by the Sea”
Lee Chandler isn’t crazy about eye contact. The Quincy, Massachusetts janitor carries himself like a person who’s taken one too many blows, a dead man walking, working, drinking and going through the motions. Every interpersonal interaction is awkward, drawn out. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Manchester by the Sea”
Documentary Review — “Harry Benson: Shoot First”
Harry Benson captured The Beatles, giddy on their first-ever arrival in the U.S., pillow-fighting in their hotel. He was with them in Miami when he thought it would be cool and funny to drag them down the street to meet … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review — “Harry Benson: Shoot First”