Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 20, 2013
We count Monday figures, too, when summing up the long and always lucrative Martin Luther King holiday weekend at the movies. So nothing’s truly official until the last farthing to counted Monday night. But right now, “Mama,” looks to have … Continue reading
“More men have walked on the moon than have played James Bond,” a wag notes in the terrific History of Bond documentary, “Everything or Nothing.” And almost to a one, each regarded this as the role of a lifetime, … Continue reading
Shot “on the fly” without permission at Disney theme parks, “Escape from Tomorrow” is indie drama about “a father’s descent into madness” has a hint of the kinky about it. And the Dopey and Goofy. Because Disney characters — landmarks, … Continue reading