Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Norway and Jenny Slate shimmer in "The Sunlit Night"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 20, 2013
We count Monday figures, too, when summing up the long and always lucrative Martin Luther King holiday weekend at the movies. So nothing’s truly official until the last farthing to counted Monday night. But right now, “Mama,” looks to have … Continue reading
“More men have walked on the moon than have played James Bond,” a wag notes in the terrific History of Bond documentary, “Everything or Nothing.” And almost to a one, each regarded this as the role of a lifetime, … Continue reading
Shot “on the fly” without permission at Disney theme parks, “Escape from Tomorrow” is indie drama about “a father’s descent into madness” has a hint of the kinky about it. And the Dopey and Goofy. Because Disney characters — landmarks, … Continue reading