Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 21, 2013
“Quartet” is the aging opera singer retirement home comedy by Dustin Hoffman, with Maggie Smith et al still hitting the high notes — if not as singers. Michael Gambon, Billy Connolly, Tom Courtenay, Pauline Collins — Dustin put a lot … Continue reading
Deadline.com reports that worldwide Movie Business revenues for 2012 were up 2.1% from the year before, some $62.4 billion. That’s box office sales, DVD, BluRay and download sales, satellite, cable and network TV revenues, some 37 countries reporting in. Revenues … Continue reading
This fantastical French import comes to the Enzian on Friday. “Holy Motors” follows a day in the life of a mysterious figure, Msr. Oscar, whose identity, occupation and reality change repeatedly, in magical, mysterious and dark ways, over the course … Continue reading
I got a pretty good sized chuckle out of the all-star actioner “RED: Retired, Extremely Dangerous” a couple of falls back. And there are familiar laughs in this trailer to the sequel. Seriously, I don’t know why anybody using John … Continue reading