Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 26, 2013
I was a fan of “Old Boy.” I also enjoyed Park Chan-Wook’s entire “Vengeance” trilogy — “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance” being the last of those. And “Thirst” gave me the creeps, big time. Now, as Spike Lee finishes the American/Hollywood … Continue reading
“Crash,” the surprise Best Picture Oscar winner from few years back, was the reminder anybody following the Oscars needed that the largest voting bloc in the Academy is actors. The Screen Actor’s Guild had honored “Crash” with a bit of … Continue reading
She landed the coveted role of Hollywood’s “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” and she’s followed that up with a lead role in a Steven Soderbergh thriller — “Side Effects” — which opens in a couple of weeks. Rooney Mara is … Continue reading
“Mama,” last weekend’s better-than-average ghost story hit, looks like it’ll do another $12-13 million this weekend. And other holdover hits — “Zero Dark Thirty” (review here) and “Silver Linings Playbook” (review here) and are claiming third and fourth place. But … Continue reading
She dazzled in “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Kids are All Right.” She’s the formidable teen presence anchoring “Stoker” — a girl you don’t want to mess with. There was “Jane Eyre,” “Restless,” “Lawless.” Mia Wasikowska is definitely an acting … Continue reading