Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Have you seen "Nomadland" yet? Make a plan, make it happen.
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 26, 2013
I was a fan of “Old Boy.” I also enjoyed Park Chan-Wook’s entire “Vengeance” trilogy — “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance” being the last of those. And “Thirst” gave me the creeps, big time. Now, as Spike Lee finishes the American/Hollywood … Continue reading
“Crash,” the surprise Best Picture Oscar winner from few years back, was the reminder anybody following the Oscars needed that the largest voting bloc in the Academy is actors. The Screen Actor’s Guild had honored “Crash” with a bit of … Continue reading
She landed the coveted role of Hollywood’s “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” and she’s followed that up with a lead role in a Steven Soderbergh thriller — “Side Effects” — which opens in a couple of weeks. Rooney Mara is … Continue reading
“Mama,” last weekend’s better-than-average ghost story hit, looks like it’ll do another $12-13 million this weekend. And other holdover hits — “Zero Dark Thirty” (review here) and “Silver Linings Playbook” (review here) and are claiming third and fourth place. But … Continue reading
She dazzled in “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Kids are All Right.” She’s the formidable teen presence anchoring “Stoker” — a girl you don’t want to mess with. There was “Jane Eyre,” “Restless,” “Lawless.” Mia Wasikowska is definitely an acting … Continue reading