Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 26, 2013
I was a fan of “Old Boy.” I also enjoyed Park Chan-Wook’s entire “Vengeance” trilogy — “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance” being the last of those. And “Thirst” gave me the creeps, big time. Now, as Spike Lee finishes the American/Hollywood … Continue reading
“Crash,” the surprise Best Picture Oscar winner from few years back, was the reminder anybody following the Oscars needed that the largest voting bloc in the Academy is actors. The Screen Actor’s Guild had honored “Crash” with a bit of … Continue reading
She landed the coveted role of Hollywood’s “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” and she’s followed that up with a lead role in a Steven Soderbergh thriller — “Side Effects” — which opens in a couple of weeks. Rooney Mara is … Continue reading
“Mama,” last weekend’s better-than-average ghost story hit, looks like it’ll do another $12-13 million this weekend. And other holdover hits — “Zero Dark Thirty” (review here) and “Silver Linings Playbook” (review here) and are claiming third and fourth place. But … Continue reading
She dazzled in “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Kids are All Right.” She’s the formidable teen presence anchoring “Stoker” — a girl you don’t want to mess with. There was “Jane Eyre,” “Restless,” “Lawless.” Mia Wasikowska is definitely an acting … Continue reading