Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "The Turn of the Screw" becomes "The Turning"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 26, 2013
I was a fan of “Old Boy.” I also enjoyed Park Chan-Wook’s entire “Vengeance” trilogy — “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance” being the last of those. And “Thirst” gave me the creeps, big time. Now, as Spike Lee finishes the American/Hollywood … Continue reading
“Crash,” the surprise Best Picture Oscar winner from few years back, was the reminder anybody following the Oscars needed that the largest voting bloc in the Academy is actors. The Screen Actor’s Guild had honored “Crash” with a bit of … Continue reading
She landed the coveted role of Hollywood’s “Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” and she’s followed that up with a lead role in a Steven Soderbergh thriller — “Side Effects” — which opens in a couple of weeks. Rooney Mara is … Continue reading
“Mama,” last weekend’s better-than-average ghost story hit, looks like it’ll do another $12-13 million this weekend. And other holdover hits — “Zero Dark Thirty” (review here) and “Silver Linings Playbook” (review here) and are claiming third and fourth place. But … Continue reading
She dazzled in “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Kids are All Right.” She’s the formidable teen presence anchoring “Stoker” — a girl you don’t want to mess with. There was “Jane Eyre,” “Restless,” “Lawless.” Mia Wasikowska is definitely an acting … Continue reading