Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Keira and Carrie play the reporters who name the "Boston Strangler"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 25, 2013
More Robot Warriors — “Robotech” has a director
“Transformers” really whetted Hollywood’s appetite for movies about gigantic fighting/flying bipeds. But they don’t necessarily have to be Battle Bots with funny voices to qualify. Anime has a long tradition of soldiers/etc. inside gigantic fighting machines. “Pacific Rim” will have … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on More Robot Warriors — “Robotech” has a director
“Dead Man Down” pairs up Colin and Noomi — against Terrence Howard
A March release, this could work. Farrell could use a hit, and having the Swedish director of “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” behind the camera may be a bonus. Noomi Rapace probably thinks so.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on “Dead Man Down” pairs up Colin and Noomi — against Terrence Howard
Box Office: Will “Hansel” nail “Parker,” or will “Movie 43” break out?
“Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters,” is in 3D. So if nothing else, it’ll have that higher ticket price going for it as it plays in theaters across America this weekend. The Box Office Guru figures it’ll do $20 million or … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: Will “Hansel” nail “Parker,” or will “Movie 43” break out?
Movie Review: “Parker”
The heist doesn’t go wrong. Five guys, some dressed as clowns, one wearing a priest’s collar and the getaway guy in a fire chief’s uniform – knock over the cash office of the Ohio State Fair. But just afterward, four … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Movie 43” doesn’t have quite that many laughs in it
“Movie 43” is a collection of one-joke short films strung together as a feature, movies built seemingly built around this guiding directive – find big name stars and see how far “out there” they’ll go for a laugh. Thus, you … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Kenneth Williams: Fantabulosa”
With his spot-on work impersonating Tony Blair (“The Deal,” “The Queen”), TV interviewer David Frost (“Frost/Nixon”) and soccer coaches (“The Damned United”), Michael Sheen has established himself as the cinema’s reigning King Mimic, an actor who gets under the skin … Continue reading