Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Beware of family guy who calls himself "Nobody"
- Movie Review: "All the Devil's Men" keeps Mel's son on camera
- Movie Review: "Stars Fell on Alabama" -- But laughs? Nope.
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 24, 2013
The Wrap is reporting that J.J. Abrams will do what no one has done before — cross-pollinate the “Star Wars/Star Trek” fan-verses by being the first filmmaker to do both a couple of “Trek” films, and a “Star Wars” film. … Continue reading
An R-rated horror action comedy fairytale — How’s that for genre bending? “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” is more Gatling guns and grenades than The Brothers Grimm. It takes the kidnapped kiddies into adulthood, where they’ve parlayed their fame at … Continue reading
The only new movies opening this, the last weekend of January, are truly “January movies,” films with limited prospects at the box office, movies essentially dumped here by studios who don’t want to waste a holiday weekend or even a … Continue reading
The musical bio-film has undergone a renaissance and a transformation in recent years. Bob Dylan earned an impressionistic/multiple actor-multiple interpretations of his character portrait in “I’m Not There.” “Control” was an odd, mesmerizing look at the life of Ian Curtis … Continue reading
Around the world, ask movie-lovers where they saw their first movie witch and the answer’s the same. “I was, like everyone, frightened by the witch in the Wizard of Oz,’” says English actress Gemma Arterton. “That’s who we all grew … Continue reading
The filmmakers who gave us the light Latino dramedy “Quinceneara” haven’t been heard from much in the years since. But they’ve landed Kevin Kline to play the late swashbuckler Errol Flynn in a bio-pic about his last days, with Dakota … Continue reading
Movies on the Radio this AM — talking “Hansel & Gretel,” “A Royal Affair” and “Holy Motors” on 740 The Game
It’s another Thursday — a chilling one here in Orlando. A good AM to turn the heat on in the car and listen to a little sports talk radio if you’re here. Or listen online if you’re stuck somewhere even … Continue reading