Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 24, 2013
The Wrap is reporting that J.J. Abrams will do what no one has done before — cross-pollinate the “Star Wars/Star Trek” fan-verses by being the first filmmaker to do both a couple of “Trek” films, and a “Star Wars” film. … Continue reading
An R-rated horror action comedy fairytale — How’s that for genre bending? “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” is more Gatling guns and grenades than The Brothers Grimm. It takes the kidnapped kiddies into adulthood, where they’ve parlayed their fame at … Continue reading
The only new movies opening this, the last weekend of January, are truly “January movies,” films with limited prospects at the box office, movies essentially dumped here by studios who don’t want to waste a holiday weekend or even a … Continue reading
The musical bio-film has undergone a renaissance and a transformation in recent years. Bob Dylan earned an impressionistic/multiple actor-multiple interpretations of his character portrait in “I’m Not There.” “Control” was an odd, mesmerizing look at the life of Ian Curtis … Continue reading
Around the world, ask movie-lovers where they saw their first movie witch and the answer’s the same. “I was, like everyone, frightened by the witch in the Wizard of Oz,’” says English actress Gemma Arterton. “That’s who we all grew … Continue reading
The filmmakers who gave us the light Latino dramedy “Quinceneara” haven’t been heard from much in the years since. But they’ve landed Kevin Kline to play the late swashbuckler Errol Flynn in a bio-pic about his last days, with Dakota … Continue reading
Movies on the Radio this AM — talking “Hansel & Gretel,” “A Royal Affair” and “Holy Motors” on 740 The Game
It’s another Thursday — a chilling one here in Orlando. A good AM to turn the heat on in the car and listen to a little sports talk radio if you’re here. Or listen online if you’re stuck somewhere even … Continue reading