Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "A Good Person," a hit-and-miss star vehicle for Pugh and Freeman
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? Experiment lets homeless Japanese man see "Homunculus"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 24, 2013
Will J.J. Abrams bring his “Star Trek” touch to “Star Wars”?
The Wrap is reporting that J.J. Abrams will do what no one has done before — cross-pollinate the “Star Wars/Star Trek” fan-verses by being the first filmmaker to do both a couple of “Trek” films, and a “Star Wars” film. … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Hansel & Gretel” land more punches than jokes as “witch hunters”
An R-rated horror action comedy fairytale — How’s that for genre bending? “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” is more Gatling guns and grenades than The Brothers Grimm. It takes the kidnapped kiddies into adulthood, where they’ve parlayed their fame at … Continue reading
Jan. 25-27 — the worst movie-going weekend of 2013?
The only new movies opening this, the last weekend of January, are truly “January movies,” films with limited prospects at the box office, movies essentially dumped here by studios who don’t want to waste a holiday weekend or even a … Continue reading
Movie Review: “Telstar: The Joe Meeks Story”
The musical bio-film has undergone a renaissance and a transformation in recent years. Bob Dylan earned an impressionistic/multiple actor-multiple interpretations of his character portrait in “I’m Not There.” “Control” was an odd, mesmerizing look at the life of Ian Curtis … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Telstar: The Joe Meeks Story”
Renner and Gemma Arterton talk “Hansel & Gretel”
Around the world, ask movie-lovers where they saw their first movie witch and the answer’s the same. “I was, like everyone, frightened by the witch in the Wizard of Oz,’” says English actress Gemma Arterton. “That’s who we all grew … Continue reading
An Errol Flynn bio pic? Kevin Kline and Dakota Fanning star in “The Last of Robin Hood”
The filmmakers who gave us the light Latino dramedy “Quinceneara” haven’t been heard from much in the years since. But they’ve landed Kevin Kline to play the late swashbuckler Errol Flynn in a bio-pic about his last days, with Dakota … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on An Errol Flynn bio pic? Kevin Kline and Dakota Fanning star in “The Last of Robin Hood”
Movies on the Radio this AM — talking “Hansel & Gretel,” “A Royal Affair” and “Holy Motors” on 740 The Game
It’s another Thursday — a chilling one here in Orlando. A good AM to turn the heat on in the car and listen to a little sports talk radio if you’re here. Or listen online if you’re stuck somewhere even … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movies on the Radio this AM — talking “Hansel & Gretel,” “A Royal Affair” and “Holy Motors” on 740 The Game