Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? Even Canada has its gun nut survivalists, prepping for "The Decline"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 30, 2013
A film based on the “controversial” novel, a WWII era period piece about a boy and the strange woman he befriends, a woman everyone believes is a witch. Actor turned director Carl “Devil in a Blue Dress/Out of Time” Franklin … Continue reading
Drafthouse Films, which operates out of the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, a landmark in indie cinema, distributes the occasional midnight movie or would-be cult film. The Orlando-made “Miami Connection” is one they’re running out to other arthouses at the moment. … Continue reading
“The Heat” has a laugh-out-loud trailer going for it, an Oscar winner (Sandra Bullock) as its star and until this week, an early April dumping ground release date. Buddy cop comedies with mismatched cops are a summer staple. It must … Continue reading
Choppy and bordering on incoherent, “Bullet to the Head” is Stallone’s answer to Schwarzenegger’s “The Last Stand,” an action exercise in “Here’s how we used to do it.” Sly one-ups Arnold in that old school regard by bringing in Walter … Continue reading
Forget the debate over which feature film is favored to win Best Picture at this year’s Oscars. That august field of nine has nothing on the nominated live-action shorts this year, five films of differing styles and tones, but each … Continue reading