Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 19, 2013
J.J. Abrams wants to tell the sordid tale of Lance Armstrong, Just Another Cheater From Texas. OK, that’s MY title. Abrams (“Super 8/”Star Trek”) could do a film based on Armstrong’s sullen early years racing, his battle with cancer, his … Continue reading
BIG Friday and early Saturday for “Mama,” the better-than-average horror film starring Jessica Chastain, a couple of pitiful little girls and the “thing” they would rather call Mama than Jessica Chastain. Some $10 million Friday alone. That suggests Jessica will … Continue reading
Surprise is a rare thing in the movies in the Internet age. So far be it for me to spoil the one at the heart of “Catfish,” an indie documentary that’s being promoted as a sort of “Blair Witch” style … Continue reading
Catherine Hardwicke tries to transfer her panting pretty young things”Twilight” style to “Red Riding Hood,” a werewolf WITHOUT the vampires fantasy aimed at that magical PG-13 audience. And for all the heaving bosoms, the big-eyed flirtation and the cool Medieval … Continue reading
Alex Lippi is a man of many talents. At one moment, he is the wonder surgeon of the Sahara, bringing medicine to poor Moroccan villages, selflessly saving lives and impressing the heck out of a young tourist there with her … Continue reading
Showed at Cannes, showing at Sundance, here’s another in a long string of smart choices that Matthew McConaughey has been making of late. Yes, it’s nice to honor DeNiro — again — for his fine if not exactly ground-breaking turn … Continue reading
Movie Review: “The Gatekeepers” boils down the perpetual Israeli-Palestinian conflict to tit for tat
The Oscar-nominated documentary “The Gatekeepers” is built around interviews with the last six chiefs of the Israeli intelligence service, Shin Bet. And with all due respect to a “divided America,” these guys will tell you what a REALLY divided country … Continue reading