Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Classic Film Review: There is but one "Zorba the Greek (1964)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Ryan Phillippe finds trouble before and after prison as "The Locksmith"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 10, 2022
The Rock as a superhero, an ex James bond as his enabler.
The whiff of fall sends a movie critic into reveries of Toronto, where the annual film festival (TIFF) is underway again. It’s a lovely city that hosts a first rate festival. Is the shoe museum still open? A movie like … Continue reading
“Steal from one,” the old saying goes, “and you’re a plagiarist. Steal from many, you’re a bloody genius.” Something like that. Writer-director Steve Stone almost makes a sci-fi fan viewing party game out of the antecedents for his thriller “Deus,” … Continue reading
Love that Disney got these three back together for a reunion/revenge comedy. The Divine Ms. Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy look tickled to be back in these guises. A comically adept supporting cast thrown in and we’ve got … Continue reading
Fierce, furious and feminine, “The Woman King” is an action picture that isn’t so much “released” as “unleashed. It’s a period piece built around history’s real Amazons — the all-female palace guard of the Kingdom of Dahomey. Oscar winner Viola … Continue reading
Yes, it’s different. And kind of the same. Disney’s version of Hans Christian Anderson’s character is a sweet singing woman of color. The original animated film thrilled kids, brought adults to tears and Disney back to animated relevance. The bar … Continue reading