Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 20, 2022
Oprah Winfrey gets choked up and breaks down when remembering her inspiration, advisor and friend, the Black screen icon Sidney Poitier. No big surprise there. But then you hear a little catch in the voice of Oscar winner Morgan Freeman, … Continue reading
Movie Preview: An afterlife thriller comedy — “Next Exit” with Rahul Kohli, Katie Parker, Rose McGiver and Karen Gillan
A November release from Magnolia.
Since I consider “Rogue One” to be the best iteration of “Star Wars” since the original trilogy, naturally I’m interested in the prequel to that prequel. The top-of-his-class screenwriter Tony Gilroy wrote that film, and “Michael Clayton,” and he created … Continue reading
The problem solving, the “gags” used to put characters in jeopardy and extract them from this or that life-threatening jam, is pretty sloppy in “Dig,” a grimy desert Southwest kidnapping thriller starring Thomas Jane, Emile Hirsch and Jane’s daughter, Harlow … Continue reading
Dainty, dopey and pokey, “223 Wick” is a silly Satanic thriller about a troubled priest and a demonically-associated address. As short as it is, it’s still an hour of life you don’t want to waste. Father Jonathan (Alexi Stavrou) is … Continue reading