Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: The Sound of Madness reaches the "Masking Threshold"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: When I see you "Smile" my fate is sealed
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 7, 2022
Movie Preview: Jessica Chastain and Essie Redmayne bring a real serial killer case to the screen — The Good Nurse”
Not a flattering story to tell when nurses are in short supply and have risked their lives for the rest of us the past two years. Or am I being touchy? This stars TWO Oscar winners and looks chilling, and … Continue reading
That “Don’t Breathe” opened up a whole new counter of B movies for Mr. Lang, who was in “Avatar” and “Gettysburg” and other films over the course of a lkng career. Ornery old men who will kill a foo are … Continue reading
His fans and critics fill the soundtrack of the documentary, “We Are As Gods” with cogent descriptions of philosopher, “visionary,” activist and Big Idea cheerleader Stewart Brand. He is an “intellectual Johnny Appleseed of the Counter Culture,” a “P.T. Barnum” … Continue reading
Oh, it’s not as clever as it thinks it is. And truthfully, for a “romp” it only occasionally romps. But “See How They Run” is still a warm, witty and old fashioned “whodunit” and an equally old-fashioned “theater” comedy, pronounced … Continue reading
Thirteen and “tested” by their first year of secondary school. This Lukas Dhont drama was a Cannes hit and an A24 pick up. Coming soon.
I rather liked this Taiwanese take on loneliness. Ming-liang Tsai’s never been to Casselberry, a city of lakes and Big Box Stores with houses and apartments scattered within. I dare say he’d connect with the disconnection of such Florida suburbs … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Netflix is a little…OK VERY late getting into the WWI movie biz — “All Quiet on the Western Front”
This German production of the classic Erich Maria Remarque anti-war Great War novel might have been an Oscar contender a few years back. You know, when “1917,” “The Laureate” and “Journeys End” came out. There have been other versions of … Continue reading
Opens Friday. Could be good.
A few essential facts you have to know before deciding whether to watch “Medieval,” a fictionalized early 15th century account of the exploits of Czech hero Jan Žižk. The knight, rebel and celebrated general who “never lost a battle” was … Continue reading