Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 6, 2022
Movie Preview: Hathaway and Hopkins and Chastain and a kid who learns to stand up to racism — “Armageddon Time”
Awards season Oscar bait with a top drawer supporting cast for the Jewish kid who learns about racism via family history and what a classmate and friend is subjected to. November.
Netflix has this Oct. 7. Based on a best seller, intriguing, promising? Ok.
“Saloum” is a distinctly West African thriller about drug trade-connected mercenaries who escape from a military coup only to face their biggest test in a nature preserve in Saloum, Senegal. It’s crackling good long before it turns supernatural. And their … Continue reading
“Hold Me Tight” is a beautifully mysterious French tale of grief, guilt, regret and madness. Adapting a play by Claudine Galea, actor-turned-director Mathieu Amalric (“The Diving Bell and the Butterfly”) finds exquisite melancholy in a story of a family that’s … Continue reading
A family with a daughter deep into Wednesday Addams cosplaying shows up in a small midwestern city, and people start dying. Suicides, deaths that don’t look like suicides, heart attacks, always with the little girl giving somebody the evil eye, … Continue reading
No, this one doesn’t star Kurt Russell and has nothing to do with hockey. This “Miracle” is a Romanian thriller involving cops and a nun. Pretty good, too. Is Mims, Fla. ready to read Romanian subtitles? Let’s hope so. MovieNation, … Continue reading
Nothing like watching a “smart house runs amok” thriller on the morning of your latest data breach (Thanks, Netflix) to put you in the mood. “Margaux” is the story of a “Siri” with serious issues, and it goes like this. … Continue reading