Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney serves up a moody Marvel "Werewolf by Night" Halloween tale
- Movie Review: "Operation Seawolf" pits Dolph against Grillo in a cut-rate WWII U-Boat thriller
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" manages a smile
- Movie Review: "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry" mopes its way towards Ordinary
- Movie Review: An all-star cast remembers better days in "Amsterdam"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- Classic Film Review: Racist and inclusive, a comedy about radium poisoning -- "Nothing Sacred" (1937)
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 13, 2021
Icky in that “Human Centipede” way, as excruciating as any torture porn thriller, and damned ridiculous by the time all is said and done, the Spanish thriller “Dos” or “Two” sets up a simple, nasty problem and fails to engage … Continue reading
This opens February 4. Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson, Michael Pena, Donald Sutherland, the world’s ending and “Don’t Look Up” is no laughing matter to Mr. “2012” and “Independence Day,” Roland Emmerich.
The wrestling empire that is WWE dives even deeper into movies with “Rumble,” an animated film that they made through Paramount Animation, and had slated for theatrical release earlier this year. “Rumble,” based on a graphic novel about a world … Continue reading
Critics Choice Awards Nominations, they remember Nic Cage in “Pig,” Ann Dowd in “Mass,” “Nightmare Alley” etc
This is an altogether more interesting list than the half-hearted Golden Globes glob dumped earlier this AM. Lots of love for “Licorice Pizza,” “Belfast,” “CODA…” But I have to say, honoring out a somewhat hamhanded turn by Lady Gaga and … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Jude Law and Mads Mikkelsen enter the Wizarding World — “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore”
April 8, this one opens in a cinema near you.
Well, Lady Gaga got some love, voters remembered Jessica Chastain’s Tammy Faye Baker turn. And they think “Dune” and “Power of the Dog” are best pic worthy. Wait, these guys lost their TV deal in a corruption, racism and sexism … Continue reading
MovieNation, spreading cinema throughout the land, one DVD, one poorly framed pic and one small town or city library at a time. This year, I’ve donated DVDs to libraries in West Va., Va., NC, SC, Ga. and scattered corners of … Continue reading
Well, this is an unexpected pleasure, an Oz-wise kids’ comedy with wit, slang and a little edge. “Back to the Outback” is an Australian “Madagascar,” an “escape from the zoo” comedy that leans into the continent/country’s reputation for having more … Continue reading