Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney serves up a moody Marvel "Werewolf by Night" Halloween tale
- Movie Review: "Operation Seawolf" pits Dolph against Grillo in a cut-rate WWII U-Boat thriller
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" manages a smile
- Movie Review: "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry" mopes its way towards Ordinary
- Movie Review: An all-star cast remembers better days in "Amsterdam"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- Classic Film Review: Racist and inclusive, a comedy about radium poisoning -- "Nothing Sacred" (1937)
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 9, 2021
I could have added “and the Kitchen Sink.” That’s alliterative enough. And accurate. This lost-at-sea-in-a-beach-cabana thriller has, um, it ALL. Coming soon.
“The Lady of Heaven” is a faith-based historical drama that relates the early history of Islam through a series of bedtime stories a woman tells a little Iraqi boy who’s just been orphaned by ISIS fanatics. The idea is to … Continue reading
This 2022 release is a heist thriller with a hint of caper comedy, yes? Ritchie brings in a few stars-to-be, and a cast of established stars and “geezers” in his parlance, including Statham and Aubrey Plaza, Josh Hartnett, Cary Elwes, Bugzy Malone and Hugh Grant. … Continue reading
Honestly, I don’t think Sandra Bullock‘s die hard fans are going to be bothered by the things movie critics are (rightly) picking at in her latest, “The Unforgivable.” She dresses down to play an ex-con “cop killer” trying to start … Continue reading
If you’re determined to conjure up a new Western, you could do worse than borrowing from a couple of classics. Start by throwing in a stagecoach and its assorted passengers from the Ur Western, “Stagecoach.” Stage your climax, drawn out … Continue reading
This seems fraught, potentially irresponsible, and it opens Jan 21. That darned Queen Latifah is in this tale of a new poor kid in town, a caged tiger in Kentucky and the idea of letting it go. At least the … Continue reading