Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 9, 2021
I could have added “and the Kitchen Sink.” That’s alliterative enough. And accurate. This lost-at-sea-in-a-beach-cabana thriller has, um, it ALL. Coming soon.
“The Lady of Heaven” is a faith-based historical drama that relates the early history of Islam through a series of bedtime stories a woman tells a little Iraqi boy who’s just been orphaned by ISIS fanatics. The idea is to … Continue reading
This 2022 release is a heist thriller with a hint of caper comedy, yes? Ritchie brings in a few stars-to-be, and a cast of established stars and “geezers” in his parlance, including Statham and Aubrey Plaza, Josh Hartnett, Cary Elwes, Bugzy Malone and Hugh Grant. … Continue reading
Honestly, I don’t think Sandra Bullock‘s die hard fans are going to be bothered by the things movie critics are (rightly) picking at in her latest, “The Unforgivable.” She dresses down to play an ex-con “cop killer” trying to start … Continue reading
If you’re determined to conjure up a new Western, you could do worse than borrowing from a couple of classics. Start by throwing in a stagecoach and its assorted passengers from the Ur Western, “Stagecoach.” Stage your climax, drawn out … Continue reading
This seems fraught, potentially irresponsible, and it opens Jan 21. That darned Queen Latifah is in this tale of a new poor kid in town, a caged tiger in Kentucky and the idea of letting it go. At least the … Continue reading