Top Posts & Pages
- So, what's going on with Peter Pan's presence in "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers?"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? In "F*ck Love Too" the Dutch master the art of making crappy sequels
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Netflixable? Turkish veterans take a troubling road trip -- "Godspeed (Yoluc Acik Olsun)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 18, 2021
Who’s up for a “Lost City of Z,” “Romancing the Stone” mashup? With Daniel Radcliffe in the uh Danny DeVito role? This could be cute. Pitt had “Lost City of Z” rights for a while. Getting a comedy out of … Continue reading
“Spider-Man: No Way Home’s” Thursday’s afternoon and evening “previews” took in over $50 million in ticket sales in North America. And Friday’s all-day take was even better — over $70 million. That makes for the second best “opening day” ever … Continue reading
Let’s cut to the chase with “The King’s Man,” shall we? The movie doesn’t come to life, pop off the screen and make any impression at all until Rasputin shows up. All this other “origin story” of the Kingsman SECRET … Continue reading
There are worse ways to spend a holiday matinee than sitting with the kids watching and singing along with a “Sing” movie. “Sing 2” is just as long, just as childishly-plotted and almost manic in its haste to hurtle from … Continue reading
Major points for style and just plain kinkiness go to Canadian Bruce LaBruce for his latest cinematic toying with taboos, “Saint-Narcisse.” When you see and review 1,000 movies a year, any filmmaker who makes you sit up and go, “Well, … Continue reading