Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney serves up a moody Marvel "Werewolf by Night" Halloween tale
- Movie Review: "Operation Seawolf" pits Dolph against Grillo in a cut-rate WWII U-Boat thriller
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" manages a smile
- Movie Review: "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry" mopes its way towards Ordinary
- Movie Review: An all-star cast remembers better days in "Amsterdam"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- Classic Film Review: Racist and inclusive, a comedy about radium poisoning -- "Nothing Sacred" (1937)
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 18, 2021
Who’s up for a “Lost City of Z,” “Romancing the Stone” mashup? With Daniel Radcliffe in the uh Danny DeVito role? This could be cute. Pitt had “Lost City of Z” rights for a while. Getting a comedy out of … Continue reading
“Spider-Man: No Way Home’s” Thursday’s afternoon and evening “previews” took in over $50 million in ticket sales in North America. And Friday’s all-day take was even better — over $70 million. That makes for the second best “opening day” ever … Continue reading
Let’s cut to the chase with “The King’s Man,” shall we? The movie doesn’t come to life, pop off the screen and make any impression at all until Rasputin shows up. All this other “origin story” of the Kingsman SECRET … Continue reading
There are worse ways to spend a holiday matinee than sitting with the kids watching and singing along with a “Sing” movie. “Sing 2” is just as long, just as childishly-plotted and almost manic in its haste to hurtle from … Continue reading
Major points for style and just plain kinkiness go to Canadian Bruce LaBruce for his latest cinematic toying with taboos, “Saint-Narcisse.” When you see and review 1,000 movies a year, any filmmaker who makes you sit up and go, “Well, … Continue reading