Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 2, 2021
Nastiness coming our way Jan.4. Beware.
Gorgeous lesbians stripping down and working up a sweat, enterprisingly making their own sex toys because Amazon didn’t exist then, threats and scheming and intrigues. Let’s just say whoever told that cinematic sinner Paul Verhoeven to “Get thee to a … Continue reading
Love that Almodovar. Don’t you “Vote for Pedro?” https://youtu.be/cL6JDYkRa2g
A sophisticated Spanish comedy about “swingers” and “swinging,” wrestling with the emptiness of such pursuits, the dehumanizing nature of orgies among the anonymous and the coarsening of the culture that results from such pursuits? Nah. “More the Merrier (Donde Caben … Continue reading
The video director of the last newspaper I worked for was the first person who admitted to me he and his wife were watching evey movie they viewed at home with the subtitles on. That was probably a dozen years … Continue reading
Steven Spielberg opens his take on “West Side Story” on a construction site where New York’s famed West Side landmark, Lincoln Center, is under construction. It’s the mid-1950s, and he’s reminding us that the musical was capturing a moment in … Continue reading