Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Miller shines, sprints and explains as "The Flash"
- Movie Review: A Tragic Gay Romance from Italy, "The Neighbor" (aka "Hotel Milano")
- Movie Review -- "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 12, 2021
Next Screening? A coming of age tale, a George Clooney film, a showcase for Ben Affleck, Tye Sheridan and Christopher Lloyd — “The Tender Bar”
A hint of Massachusetts in this Long Island period piece? “Tenduh Bah” is the proper title of the Amazon release, opening Friday.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening? A coming of age tale, a George Clooney film, a showcase for Ben Affleck, Tye Sheridan and Christopher Lloyd — “The Tender Bar”
Movie Review: Sinister and quietly shocking “Roh (Soul)” finds horror in Malaysia
Time-proven people-in-peril horror formulas cross borders and cultures. That’s true in “Roh,” a somewhat effective tale of terror set in the forests of Malaysia. That’s where a mother (Farah Ahmad), her tween daughter (Mhia Farhana) and younger son (Harith Haziq) … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Sinister and quietly shocking “Roh (Soul)” finds horror in Malaysia
BOX OFFICE: “West Side Story” goes South, “National Champions” bomb, “Riccardos” underwhelm
It’s a 63 year-old stage musical widely regarded as a classic, and 60 year-old movie beloved by generations, also considered a classic and on TV almost constantly. So who thought giving Steven Spielberg a lot of money and a coveted … Continue reading