Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 4, 2021
Here’s a peek into a world few Americans knew existed, a thriller built out of the cultural connection between two immigrant communities bonded by the racism each faced because “we were all brown.” Writer/director/star Bari Kang‘s “The Scrapper” envisions a … Continue reading
“France” is an eye-popping star turn by Léa Seydoux in search of a more coherent and pointed satire than the movie surrounding her. Seydoux, one-time “Bond Girl,” much-honored co-star of “Midnight in Paris,” “”Blue Is the Warmest Color,” “The French … Continue reading
This glossy 15th century period piece is about the intrigues surrounding the Kalmar Union, and the woman trying to hold it together. “Margrete” opens Dec. 17.
This lowdown and dirty thriller opens Dec. 7.
There are several moments when “Mixtape,” a sentimental learn-about-my-parents-through-their-music dramedy, teeters on the edge of tumbling into maudlin. Every movie with “so cute you want to pinch its cheeks” in its DNA runs that risk. But then a song comes … Continue reading