Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 16, 2021
Waiting for the “Resurrection?” Mm?” Here we go.
Jacques Cousteau was an omnipresent part of the lives of generations, the first “undersea explorer,” inventor of the aqualung — which brought modern scuba diving to life –a one-time oil-company sponsored explorer who helped develop undersea oil extraction who became … Continue reading
This animated offering finds it’s way to theaters in July.
Netflixable? Like “Knives Out?” “Death on the Nile?” Might Agatha Christie’s “Crooked House” be worth a visit?
“Crooked House” made little to no noise when it came out theatrically in 2017-18. Labeling something “Agatha Christie’s Crooked House” should have helped, considering Kenneth Branagh revived her ancient murder mystery “brand” with his remake of “Murder on the Orient … Continue reading
“A Journal for Jordan” is a sweet, sad holiday weeper about a soldier who kept a diary filled with life lessons for his newborn son, just in case “the worst” happened. Which it did while First Sgt. Charles King was … Continue reading
I’ll bet they remember an episode of “Community” done with stop-motion animation, or the unfulfilled dream of Jerry Seinfeld, to do a stop-motion episode of his series way back when. Ted Lasso in plasticine? Here it is.