Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney serves up a moody Marvel "Werewolf by Night" Halloween tale
- Movie Review: "Operation Seawolf" pits Dolph against Grillo in a cut-rate WWII U-Boat thriller
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" manages a smile
- Movie Review: "The Storied Life of AJ Fikry" mopes its way towards Ordinary
- Movie Review: An all-star cast remembers better days in "Amsterdam"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- Classic Film Review: Racist and inclusive, a comedy about radium poisoning -- "Nothing Sacred" (1937)
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2021
Hey now, that’s not cricket. But it’s pretty much par for the course. You make a moon-eyed youth romance, it’s popular enough to inspire a sequel. Even in Italy that means you end with a (spoiler alert) “to be continued.” … Continue reading
We meet him hitchhiking down a cobble-stoned street, then asking a young woman if he can borrow her bike. He just needs to go home and feed his dog. “It’s just down here a little bit, on the left,” he … Continue reading
Adam McKay made his mark behind the camera for Will Ferrell’s greatest comic hits — “Anchorman,” “Step Brothers” etc. But with “The Big Short,” an all-star romp that explained and sent up the shortsighted Wall Street types who wrecked the … Continue reading
We can all pretty much agree that if the time comes to mount a “serious” new werewolf movie — or reboot the twinkly “Twilight” franchise — that George MacKay’s your guy. The “1917” star got into spectacular shape, took his … Continue reading