Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Movie Review: Dutch Road Ragers are just the worst -- "Tailgate (Bumperkleef)"
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 29, 2017
Decades into an ongoing fascination with Japanese cinema, I can still say the most revealing portraits I’ve seen of the home front there during World War II are animated — anime, cartoons. It’s not as if the country’s cinema has … Continue reading