Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 31, 2017
A best-seller some years back told us “How the Irish Saved Civilization.” Bit of a stretch, but there’s plenty of evidence that a lot of Western culture and more to the point Christian culture was preserved in the monasteries of … Continue reading
The hard-living, grizzled playwright, actor and director Sam Shepard has died. Complications of Lou Gehrig’s disease, according to the New York Times. He was 73. His plays — “True West,” “Fool for Love” and “Buried Child” among them — won … Continue reading
He’s best known for his acrid breakthrough film, “In the Company of Men.” But Neil LaBute’s made a career out of telling difficult truths about the human condition and human cruelty. “The Shape of Things,” “”Dirty Weekend,” “The Wicker Man” … Continue reading