Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? The Mysterious quiet of "El Silencio es Bienvenido"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: Bibb wears bibs in search of "The Lost Husband"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- AMC Faces Bankruptcy, dissolution
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 31, 2017
A best-seller some years back told us “How the Irish Saved Civilization.” Bit of a stretch, but there’s plenty of evidence that a lot of Western culture and more to the point Christian culture was preserved in the monasteries of … Continue reading
The hard-living, grizzled playwright, actor and director Sam Shepard has died. Complications of Lou Gehrig’s disease, according to the New York Times. He was 73. His plays — “True West,” “Fool for Love” and “Buried Child” among them — won … Continue reading
He’s best known for his acrid breakthrough film, “In the Company of Men.” But Neil LaBute’s made a career out of telling difficult truths about the human condition and human cruelty. “The Shape of Things,” “”Dirty Weekend,” “The Wicker Man” … Continue reading