Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: The Mafia throws a big party in "Mob Town"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 31, 2017
A best-seller some years back told us “How the Irish Saved Civilization.” Bit of a stretch, but there’s plenty of evidence that a lot of Western culture and more to the point Christian culture was preserved in the monasteries of … Continue reading
The hard-living, grizzled playwright, actor and director Sam Shepard has died. Complications of Lou Gehrig’s disease, according to the New York Times. He was 73. His plays — “True West,” “Fool for Love” and “Buried Child” among them — won … Continue reading
He’s best known for his acrid breakthrough film, “In the Company of Men.” But Neil LaBute’s made a career out of telling difficult truths about the human condition and human cruelty. “The Shape of Things,” “”Dirty Weekend,” “The Wicker Man” … Continue reading