Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 21, 2017
The vessel and skipper that inspired the “Moonstone” and Mark Rylance’s character in “Dunkirk?”
As part of “Take Dad to ‘Dunkirk’ this weekend, I caught the film a second time. I rarely have time to do that, but period pieces/WWII movies and films about boats are kind of my thing. OK, “things.” One element … Continue reading
Box Office: “Dunkirk” and “Girls Trip” set to run off with the weekend
Christopher Nolan is taking a chance — with Warner Brothers’ money — that audiences in the US and abroad will forsake slick summer sci-fi and Spandex (comic book) pictures and show up for a little history. That risk has been … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Dunkirk” and “Girls Trip” set to run off with the weekend