Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: The Mafia throws a big party in "Mob Town"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 21, 2017
As part of “Take Dad to ‘Dunkirk’ This Weekend,” I took my father and caught the film a second time. I rarely do that, but period pieces/WWII movies and films about boats are kind of my thing. OK, “things.” One … Continue reading
Christopher Nolan is taking a chance — with Warner Brothers’ money — that audiences in the US and abroad will forsake slick summer sci-fi and Spandex (comic book) pictures and show up for a little history. That risk has been … Continue reading