Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 9, 2017
It’s not a fatal failing in “The Big Sick” that its star, co-writer and inspiration, Pakistani-American comic Kumail Nanjiani, isn’t the funniest thing in it. He almost is, right up until Holly Hunter and Ray Romano arrive, delivering the seemingly effortless … Continue reading
Lean and relentless, patient and pitiless, “Killing Ground” is the sort of thriller that gives horror movies a good name. It’s a reminder that the scariest things we see on the screen aren’t necessarily supernatural — they’re dangers we face … Continue reading