Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 13, 2017
Memories of many a cinematic spook tale waft through David Lowery’s “A Ghost Story,” a haunting, meditative and cryptic variation of age-old themes. It’s about love’s link to the afterlife, more Tibetan Book of the Dead than its warm and … Continue reading
A teen discovers a magical Chinese Wish Pot, makes a few wishes and is slow to grasp or accept responsibility for the consequences of her actions in “Wish Upon.” Yeah, that’s a worn plot device and the movie has the … Continue reading
As its all-encompassing title suggests, “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” is a vast sci-fi cornucopia. It is an eye-popping encore from the director of “The Fifth Element,” a densely packed screen that overwhelms you with sights unseen … Continue reading