Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: July 22, 2017
John Heard, Dad in “Home Alone,” 1945-2017
John Heard had a long, broad career in movies and on TV. He will be remembered, by most, as the flustered dad in “Home Alone,” the one who — along with Mom (Catherine O’Hara) — forgets Macaulay Culkin and leaves … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on John Heard, Dad in “Home Alone,” 1945-2017
Box Office: “Dunkirk” soars, “Girls Trip” “get turnt,” “Valerian” bombs and “Apes” go extinct
“Dunkirk” had a good Thursday night and a very good Friday at the box office, and projections now put it at $51 million+ on its opening weekend. Christopher Nolan, name brand director, delivers. Reviews have been great, if word of … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Dunkirk” soars, “Girls Trip” “get turnt,” “Valerian” bombs and “Apes” go extinct