Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2017
A little mid-summer horror is headed our way this weekend. Curious to see this one, and if it has more suspense and harrowing emotions than the indie Aussie thriller “Killing Ground.” I tend to roll my eyes at supernatural horror … Continue reading
Harry Dean Stanton has classed up many a small role, from “The Rose” to “Alien,” “Escape from New York,” and “Paris, Texas” to “Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.” Remember his famous line from “Red Dawn?” “AaaahhhhhhVENGE me, boys!” “Lucky” is … Continue reading
Style points to the makers of “The Sabbatical” for puncturing, once and for all, the stereotype of “nice” Canadians for all of us below the 49th parallel. The film’s perpetually dyspeptic “hero” is cranky enough to put that “They’re just … Continue reading