Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: July 10, 2017
A little mid-summer horror is headed our way this weekend. Curious to see this one, and if it has more suspense and harrowing emotions than the indie Aussie thriller “Killing Ground.” I tend to roll my eyes at supernatural horror … Continue reading
Harry Dean Stanton has classed up many a small role, from “The Rose” to “Alien,” “Escape from New York,” and “Paris, Texas” to “Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.” Remember his famous line from “Red Dawn?” “AaaahhhhhhVENGE me, boys!” “Lucky” is … Continue reading
Style points to the makers of “The Sabbatical” for puncturing, once and for all, the stereotype of “nice” Canadians for all of us below the 49th parallel. The film’s perpetually dyspeptic “hero” is cranky enough to put that “They’re just … Continue reading