Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Have you seen "Nomadland" yet? Make a plan, make it happen.
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 24, 2015
The time-honored actor/actress tradition of “if Hollywood won’t hire me, I’ll make work for myself” is the origin story of “Apartment Troubles,” a nearly laughless comedy that doesn’t do its writer/director/stars any favors. But cute character comics Jennifer Prediger (“Life … Continue reading
Budapest, Hungary, has a serious PR problem thanks to the movie “White God.” The film, a grimly dark satire, depicts a city of serious dog haters — from ordinary apartment tenants intolerant of canines, to the homeless who steal them, … Continue reading
In her native Denmark, director Susanne Bier makes intimate, emotional and even allegorical dramas such as “After the Wedding” and “In a Better World.” In Hollywood, she’s a little lost, shoehorned into flat melodramas such as “Things We Lost in … Continue reading
Kevin Hart finds himself shoehorned into a Will Ferrell buddy comedy in “Get Hard,” a politically incorrect romp that only rarely romps. It’s a “Trading Places” variation, with Ferrell as James, a top dollar fund manager busted by the Feds … Continue reading