Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2015
Taylor Lautner squanders a little more of his “Twilight” heat on “Tracers,” a B-movie thriller built around the urban obstacle course sport of “parkour.” It’s a stunt-heavy chase picture with some arresting camera work, but not much else to recommend … Continue reading
“Insurgent” doesn’t seriously diverge from the “Divergent/Hunger Games/Maze Runner” formula until its final act. Up until then, this “Divergent” sequel is Young Adults Save the World generic. It’s action-packed in the extreme, as Young Heroine Tris (Shailene Woodely) and “Dauntless” … Continue reading
“Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter” didn’t really happen. It’s an urban legend. It’s sort of like “Fargo” that way. That’s the movie that Kumiko (Rinko Kikuchi of “Pacific Rim”) stumbles across while beach-combing near Tokyo. It’s buried in the sand in … Continue reading