Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Tiptoes," a title that shall live...in infamy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2015
Taylor Lautner squanders a little more of his “Twilight” heat on “Tracers,” a B-movie thriller built around the urban obstacle course sport of “parkour.” It’s a stunt-heavy chase picture with some arresting camera work, but not much else to recommend … Continue reading
“Insurgent” doesn’t seriously diverge from the “Divergent/Hunger Games/Maze Runner” formula until its final act. Up until then, this “Divergent” sequel is Young Adults Save the World generic. It’s action-packed in the extreme, as Young Heroine Tris (Shailene Woodely) and “Dauntless” … Continue reading
“Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter” didn’t really happen. It’s an urban legend. It’s sort of like “Fargo” that way. That’s the movie that Kumiko (Rinko Kikuchi of “Pacific Rim”) stumbles across while beach-combing near Tokyo. It’s buried in the sand in … Continue reading