Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Classic Film Review: Gary Cooper's transgressive-for-its-time "Return to Paradise" (1953)
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2015
Taylor Lautner squanders a little more of his “Twilight” heat on “Tracers,” a B-movie thriller built around the urban obstacle course sport of “parkour.” It’s a stunt-heavy chase picture with some arresting camera work, but not much else to recommend … Continue reading
“Insurgent” doesn’t seriously diverge from the “Divergent/Hunger Games/Maze Runner” formula until its final act. Up until then, this “Divergent” sequel is Young Adults Save the World generic. It’s action-packed in the extreme, as Young Heroine Tris (Shailene Woodely) and “Dauntless” … Continue reading
“Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter” didn’t really happen. It’s an urban legend. It’s sort of like “Fargo” that way. That’s the movie that Kumiko (Rinko Kikuchi of “Pacific Rim”) stumbles across while beach-combing near Tokyo. It’s buried in the sand in … Continue reading