Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2015
Taylor Lautner squanders a little more of his “Twilight” heat on “Tracers,” a B-movie thriller built around the urban obstacle course sport of “parkour.” It’s a stunt-heavy chase picture with some arresting camera work, but not much else to recommend … Continue reading
“Insurgent” doesn’t seriously diverge from the “Divergent/Hunger Games/Maze Runner” formula until its final act. Up until then, this “Divergent” sequel is Young Adults Save the World generic. It’s action-packed in the extreme, as Young Heroine Tris (Shailene Woodely) and “Dauntless” … Continue reading
“Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter” didn’t really happen. It’s an urban legend. It’s sort of like “Fargo” that way. That’s the movie that Kumiko (Rinko Kikuchi of “Pacific Rim”) stumbles across while beach-combing near Tokyo. It’s buried in the sand in … Continue reading