Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2015
Taylor Lautner squanders a little more of his “Twilight” heat on “Tracers,” a B-movie thriller built around the urban obstacle course sport of “parkour.” It’s a stunt-heavy chase picture with some arresting camera work, but not much else to recommend … Continue reading
“Insurgent” doesn’t seriously diverge from the “Divergent/Hunger Games/Maze Runner” formula until its final act. Up until then, this “Divergent” sequel is Young Adults Save the World generic. It’s action-packed in the extreme, as Young Heroine Tris (Shailene Woodely) and “Dauntless” … Continue reading
“Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter” didn’t really happen. It’s an urban legend. It’s sort of like “Fargo” that way. That’s the movie that Kumiko (Rinko Kikuchi of “Pacific Rim”) stumbles across while beach-combing near Tokyo. It’s buried in the sand in … Continue reading