Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The World We Make" plays like an interracial romance of the, oh, late '70s
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2015
Taylor Lautner squanders a little more of his “Twilight” heat on “Tracers,” a B-movie thriller built around the urban obstacle course sport of “parkour.” It’s a stunt-heavy chase picture with some arresting camera work, but not much else to recommend … Continue reading
“Insurgent” doesn’t seriously diverge from the “Divergent/Hunger Games/Maze Runner” formula until its final act. Up until then, this “Divergent” sequel is Young Adults Save the World generic. It’s action-packed in the extreme, as Young Heroine Tris (Shailene Woodely) and “Dauntless” … Continue reading
“Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter” didn’t really happen. It’s an urban legend. It’s sort of like “Fargo” that way. That’s the movie that Kumiko (Rinko Kikuchi of “Pacific Rim”) stumbles across while beach-combing near Tokyo. It’s buried in the sand in … Continue reading