Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 17, 2015
Taylor Lautner squanders a little more of his “Twilight” heat on “Tracers,” a B-movie thriller built around the urban obstacle course sport of “parkour.” It’s a stunt-heavy chase picture with some arresting camera work, but not much else to recommend … Continue reading
“Insurgent” doesn’t seriously diverge from the “Divergent/Hunger Games/Maze Runner” formula until its final act. Up until then, this “Divergent” sequel is Young Adults Save the World generic. It’s action-packed in the extreme, as Young Heroine Tris (Shailene Woodely) and “Dauntless” … Continue reading
“Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter” didn’t really happen. It’s an urban legend. It’s sort of like “Fargo” that way. That’s the movie that Kumiko (Rinko Kikuchi of “Pacific Rim”) stumbles across while beach-combing near Tokyo. It’s buried in the sand in … Continue reading