Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 4, 2015
Spoiler alert . There’s no magic moment of hope at the end of “Merchants of Doubt.” This documentary, the first to zero in on how and why the global climate change discussion became political and how that led to government … Continue reading
There aren’t many bubbles in “A Year in Champagne,” an unfussy, unadorned infomercial for the product of that one magical region in France, the only place in the world that can produce sparkling wine that calls itself “Champagne.” David Kennard’s … Continue reading
The crime happened eighteen years ago. William Garnett has paid his debt to society in a New Mexico prison. He converted to Islam, cleaned up his act and learned to control his temper. That’s his hope. And his generally no-nonsense … Continue reading
Anthony Hopkins ferments a fine rage, perhaps at the “dying of the light,” in “Kidnapping Mr. Heineken.” As mega-rich Dutch brewery mogul Alfred “Freddy” Heineken, his quicksilver flashes of temper are worthy of other Hopkins creations, even the demigod Odin … Continue reading