Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? Sicilian hitman and his daughter hunt his hunters -- "My Name is Vendetta"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 25, 2015
It hits us all, that day when “hip” suggests “replacement” and “Old Man/Old Woman Talk” enters our vocabulary. We scratch our heads over names like Kanye and Lena and cope, with growing confusion, at the next generation’s values. It happens … Continue reading
Good acting and sharp editing make “The Barber” a most engrossing serial killer thriller. But too much talk, mostly in a lecturing over-explained finale, almost undoes all of that. Scott Glenn has the title role, a Chicago man once a … Continue reading
“Home” is a energetic, obvious animated comedy packed with the sort of low humor and silly laughs that drive very small children wild. It’s a lesser Dreamworks work, in other words, no more ambitious than those later “Madagascar” movies. There’s … Continue reading