Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 25, 2014
“Interstellar” promises to be high end, brainy sci-fi with a lot of sentiment (judging from the trailers) and a trio of empathetic Oscar winners (McConaughey, Hathaway, Caine) bringing it all home. And since it’s a Christopher “Inception” Nolan film, expectations … Continue reading
So here we have The Mouse taking its shot at creating its own CG animation anime project, perhaps a Franchise. Japanese-American characters, cuddly, sentimental (a dead big hero brother, from the looks of the trailer), supervillains, puberty jokes. The second … Continue reading
Universal’s low-budget/no-budget horror strategy is paying dividends this fall, as they’re set to break even on “Ouija” within days of opening. Deadline.com figures that, based on Friday’s $8 million+ take, it’ll manage about $19 million. Unless Friday’s filmgoers warn off … Continue reading