Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 25, 2014
“Interstellar” promises to be high end, brainy sci-fi with a lot of sentiment (judging from the trailers) and a trio of empathetic Oscar winners (McConaughey, Hathaway, Caine) bringing it all home. And since it’s a Christopher “Inception” Nolan film, expectations … Continue reading
So here we have The Mouse taking its shot at creating its own CG animation anime project, perhaps a Franchise. Japanese-American characters, cuddly, sentimental (a dead big hero brother, from the looks of the trailer), supervillains, puberty jokes. The second … Continue reading
Universal’s low-budget/no-budget horror strategy is paying dividends this fall, as they’re set to break even on “Ouija” within days of opening. Deadline.com figures that, based on Friday’s $8 million+ take, it’ll manage about $19 million. Unless Friday’s filmgoers warn off … Continue reading